Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Beginning Again

It has been a long time since I have been hardcore with my fitness. I used to be very conditioned but I am now of average fitness and Im tired of being average. I am getting hungry for a challenge. I find that I gain more momentum and stick-to-it-iveness by having a specific goal in mind.

I am going to do an Olympic Triathlon and/or a Half-Ironman within 6-8 months.

First I will see how my training goes. I might want to focus just on being great at the Olympic but if it turns out that it is not challenging enough then I may bump up the intensity and go for the Half-Ironman.

These are 4 diffrent triathlons :

Sprint
.5 mile SWIM 13 miles BIKE 3.2 miles RUN

Olympic
.93 mile SWIM 24.8 miles BIKE 6.2 miles RUN

1/2 Ironman
1.2 miles SWIM 56 miles BIKE 13.1 miles RUN

Full Ironman
2.4 miles SWIM 112 miles BIKE 26.2 miles RUN

My desire is to post as I go through my training so as to add a good habit and to have a place to review my training history. Also if people are reading the blog and have advise I would be greatful to hear it.

Thats all for now. Im glad I am doing the Blog. I see great things happening with my fitness future. Accountablity and Networking with others focused on fitness is going to be a great source of strength I can tell already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home